Established in 1929, PCT’s early years were in New Westminster, British Columbia, at the current site of the Westminster Quay Public Market, stretching west to the Scott Paper Site. For the first three decades, the company handled general cargo, including steel, wood, and refrigerated food such as apples and eggs.
In 1960, PCT expanded its operations to Port Moody on the Burrard Inlet waterfront and switched to handling woodchips, sulphur, potash, coal and concentrates. The 1980s saw further changes with the terminal being purchased by Sultran Ltd., with a focus on serving Western Canada sulphur producers and the production of a bulk liquid handling facility. The company has grown into one of the world’s largest sulphur export terminals and one of the largest bulk liquid terminals with Port Metro Vancouver.
Over the course of 55 years in Port Moody, Pacific Coast Terminals has become an integral part of the community of Port Moody. An ongoing supporter of arts, cultural, and environmental initiatives in the City, the company is one of the largest industrial employers, and taxpayers in Port Moody.